Combating FMLA Abuse
October 13, 2020
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Scott Cruz represents public and private sector employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including civil litigation and preventative counseling. Scott represents employers in state and federal courts and administrative agencies involving claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, retaliatory discharge, breach of contract, labor arbitration and class actions.
- Learn common ways employees abuse FMLA leave
- Know your company’s legal rights under the FMLA
- Identify medical certificates employees must provide and what you can do if they don’t
- Discuss policies that companies should adopt to discourage abuse
- Understand employee privacy rights and how to request a second medical opinion under the FMLA, and more
This meeting will be held via Zoom. As a result of the change in meeting venue, we are reducing the member price for the meeting to $10.
Reservation Deadline: Please make your reservations by October 12th at 10am.
$18.00 Non-Member Registration
$10.00 Member Registration